Supporting Selkirk 30 degree elbow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lure hobby farm

May 29, 2022
Minnesota
Hi guys I need your opinion here. I installed a 30 degree elbow kit in my attic with a 12” piece between to avoid the ridge/ peak for my flashing. The vertical piece going out the roof is 36” with my cap on it. As you can see I screwed the bracing to the roof sheathing with the proper 1 1/2” screws. Do you think an inspector will be fine with this? The bracket is located right atop of the upper 30 degree elbow as they state in the manual but it’s so close to my opening I didn’t have much options on were to run the straps to fasten.
EEB62CCE-88A4-4966-9BCC-1A20347B12B5.jpeg

I don't know if this will pass inspection, but why screw it to the sheeting (with 1.5" screws being longer than the thickness of the sheeting??)

You have rafters nearby...