Surgery went well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gryfalcon hit the nail on the head. I recall my first hip replacement and I really balked. The main reason is that I knew someone who had both hips replaced and he really was bad. I also knew a couple of folks who had one side done and they walked with a limp. So I put it off way too long. It was so bad that at times I simply could not move a muscle without screaming with pain. Fortunately it would let up enough so that I could move again but with pain. Then it would lock up again. It was He!! for sure. Then I had the surgery and within a week I was walking about 1/4 mile and increased that daily. Then my wife had her first hip replacement 3 weeks after mine. When I went to the hospital I was surprised to find her in the very same room I was in. I walked into the PT department and they remembered me and could hardly believe how well I was walking and even without crutches or walker. No, it is not a good idea to put that surgery off.

Status
Not open for further replies.