Sweep Fee?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just paid $125 from a local guy. He was very thorough.

$165

I paid $160 last year (Los Angeles area) to the same contractor who rebuilt our chimney and fireplace facade after the chimney fire (2 years ago). We have a traditional fireplace w/ a 12" steel chimney above the smoke chamber, so price may be a bit different than for a stove. Reputable sweeps prolly charge about $150 to $200, but I like this contractor, he does good work, and seems to take extra care because he did the chimney rebuild. He's not a full time sweep, he's a General Contractor, so I wouldn't necessary recommend him to others for this.

Prior to the chimney fire, I had skipped a year or maybe two on having chimney swept. Obviously, not a good decision. Personally, it is worth every penny to have someone else sweep the chimney due to how close it is to the edge of the roof. Our roof is not too steep, but even on a 1 story house, the chimney is higher than I am comfortable at that close to the edge. If the chimney were in the center of the house, I might clean our chimney once a year AND have a pro clean it once a year.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Spoke to a local certified sweep this morning and he told me $120 for the chimney and stove to be cleaned. Said to do it in May when we're done burning. Found him on Angie's List.

Status
Not open for further replies.