Sweeping a ZC Heat n Glo Northstar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CentralPaPyro

Sep 28, 2017
Central Pennsylvania
Hello! I have been doing a bit of lurking since buying a house in February with a Northstar and New Englander pellet stove installed in it. I recently stumbled across some info on sweeping a fireplace from the bottom up. Is this something that can be done with the Northstar? My roof is really steep, maybe 12/12, and I have to sit the ladder on the sloped deck roof just to reach the chimney (I will try to add some pictures) and it would be really convenient if I could sweep it myself a few times a season without climbing to the top. Also, would the same method work for the pellet stove? Thanks! Really enjoying the forum so far.

FB_IMG_1496177521972.jpg FB_IMG_1496177559203.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: