"sweetheart" wood cookstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeathens

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Haven't seen too many posts on wood cookstoves. Anyone use the "sweetheart"? Good description at http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/pro...RODUCT&iMainCat=671&iSubCat=809&iProductID=66

There's one for sale locally that I'm thinking of buying. I was wondering if anyone has experience, the drawbacks, highlights, etc. I would use this primarily for cooking in the winter and to fire up when the temps get below 10 in the winter when my heritage falls behind a little.

I've always wanted a wood cookstove, and here's a pretty good opprotunity. I still have a hole in the ceiling and decorative wall protection and non-combustilbe floor (concrete slab with porcelain tile) where my heritage sat until I moved it this past summer.

I'd like to hear what others think...

Hey Bud! That is a killer stove; the Amish use them. You have to work at it, just like with the ones we use for heat. But, it is cool and when you get use to it, it adds to thewoodburning experience.

You just have to pay attention to all the same things plus keep the fires at the correct level for what you are trying to do with the stove.

Have fun with this!!

Here's my new stove...hope to have it installed this spring for use next winter. Hope to use for cooking and supplemental heat!

I know, most on here probably don't get tooexcited about this sort of thing, but I'm hoping to get away from propane and electricity completely at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 461
when I get around to building a new house I want to put in a wood cook stove for use looks nostalgia etc. Will still use my wood stove as primary heat possibly only source depends on weather I have to take out a loan or not, and insurance purposes.

Very Nice, I have an old "Princess" woodstove in Yellow, not installed but nice to look at. I think you did well Mike!!

Status
Not open for further replies.