Swisher 22 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason721

Nov 4, 2017
southern indiana
Out of the blue a friend gives me a call and asks if I would be interested in his splitter. He says he hasn't burn wood in a few years and doesn't have time to mess with it.
He told me it's sat for a couple of years and when he went to start it last gas poured out of the carb..
Anyway he priced it for $300 and I left right then to buy it...
Got home...rolled it in the shop. Cleaned carb, checked things out good and fired it up! Runs good.
Really didn't need a splitter as I built my own splitter powered by a single cylinder lombardini diesel engine awhile back (love the diesel splitter by the way)
But for $300 I couldn't pass it up!
Wife usually likes to help split wood so I figure she could operate one as I ran off to hide...or uh I mean run the other splitter.