System Flushing and first fill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TarmSolo30+Storage

Jan 26, 2008
150km N. of Toronto
Hi All
Hope to soon complete the installation of my Tarm30 with SSTS 640Gallon Storage. Tank and boiler 40 ft apart (1.25" Copper) and lots of copper and pex throughout the system. I bought the flushing compound and water treatment chemicals from Cosyheat. Questions: do I need some kind of filter on the system during flushing? If so, what to use and where to locate? How do I ensure that the flushing chemical is completely removed from the system before I fill with water and treament Chemical? Thanks in advance.
Mal

I don't think you need to worry about filtering since you will be draining all of the water after the "flushing" cycle. If you splash a little clean water in while your draining I'm sure you'll get most of the chemicals out. I don't think a little left over will have any ill affects as long as you get most of it out....

Status
Not open for further replies.