Taco 0014 vs Taco 00R 3-speed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlshrk

Mar 4, 2008
VA
In doing my headloss and flow calcs for my longest loop shows me with an expected need for 7gpm & 14.5ft

My other loop and my boiler circ will both be 007's, but the above #'s fall in a little below the 0014 curve supplied by taco and just about on the top curve of the 00R. The 00R lists for quite a bit less than the 0014.

Anyone have experience with these two circs?

Should I be leary of running the 00R on the top speed?

This particular loop will have to circulate almost constantly, most winter days.

Thanks!

I Have an 00R that I run on high with no problems, but I have only used it one season.
Pexsupply lists 00R-ifc at $74 vs. 014-ifc at $254 seems like a no brainer to me.

I have been using the Grundfos 3-speed and it has been working well. These were designed not only as a way to fine tune systems easier, but also as less expensive alternatives to the larger pumps. I would get a variable speed pump.

definately much less expensive!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.