Taco Loadmatch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Como

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2008
Colorado
www.comodepot.net
I have been looking at distribution systems, and this looked very interesting. Just wondered if anybody had used it and what they thought.

Como said:
I have been looking at distribution systems, and this looked very interesting. Just wondered if anybody had used it and what they thought.

Dave,

Are you referring to the TACO HSS design software that has TACO loadmatch as the component selection?

deerhntr said:
Como said:

Dave,

Are you referring to the TACO HSS design software that has TACO loadmatch as the component selection?

Both

The software does not really address gassifyers but it can be worked around.

Supply
Garn
Solar HW
Propane or Electricity back up or both

Transfer
Rotex tank for the DHW and maybe heat

Distribution
Loadmatch may be a simple way to distribute and provide zonal control, I would have 5 loops.

Is Taco's Loadmatch system just a Primary/Secondary distribution system with green paint on it? The Twin Tees look clever but briefly looking over the various literature on their website it was mostly sales talk, not much description of what was new about "Loadmatch".

But we second shift guys are often a little dense in the morning.

Not sure what that is.

Designs I am used to have a hot pipe out and a cold pipe back so that each emitter sees the same temperature coming in.

This just uses one pipe so logically by the time you get to the end of line the water temp would have dropped.

They get around this by having a control pump for each circuit. You can tune this pump and then of course you can tune each emitter.

I do not understand why having the tees so close is so important, but that no doubt is more to my ignorance.

Seems to make a lot of sense to me, greater control and less pipework.

Status
Not open for further replies.