Taco SR504 switiching relay questions, wiring on demand primary pump?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
I have a Taco SR504 that controls my secondary pumps in my primary secondary manifold.

I want to wire the primary pump so it is on demand with call for heat and starts when there is a call for heat from one of the zones.

Instructions say to put in a jumper between ZC and ZR and shows the end switch to a boiler.

I can use the End switch for pump right?

Is there a designation for which terminal is Hot or Neutral?

I thought I would wire end switch to an outlet so I can just unplug pump if I need to service it.

gg

Ok I think I found it on Taco site

:
How do I run a system pump on my SR504/506?

Answer: Leave the jumper in between ZC ZR and tie the hot leg of pump to the ZR terminal. Tie the neutral leg of the pump to the neutral coming from your power supply. ZR (with jumper in) will put out 120V when any zone calls for heat.

gg

One of the great ways to solve a problem is to ask a question, which frees the brain to be creative and solve the problem on its own. Congrats on your solution.

jebatty said:
One of the great ways to solve a problem is to ask a question, which frees the brain to be creative and solve the problem on its own. Congrats on your solution.

I am beginning to have a love hate relationship with the internet.

I love the availability of information at your fingertips.

At times I hate the projects I get myself into.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.