Taking the family to Yellowstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooperdave said:
man oh man! just found out that a fellow yooper was killed by a griz in yellowstone today! (recently-he was found dead)

i would've included a link, but the comments on it were pretty childish...

Heard about this. Now I'll admit that I don't know much about what is needed to take down a grizzly, but now that it's legal to carry in National Parks, why don't people do so?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

We got in late last night after a very busy week in Yellowstone. Drove 4000km total, saw all the driving paths/roads in the park. Walked all the trails under 5 miles in length.

In general everyone enjoyed the trip. Plenty to see/do in the park, one could spend 2 or more weeks there & not see/do it all as there are about 1000 miles of hiking trails in the park. Plenty of sights to see as well as all the education/interperative centers. We all learned a lot about the volcano we were standing on.

Wildlife cooperated with the photo ops which was nice, plenty of bison & elk & also plenty of folks getting way too close, which made for a lot of dangerous work for the rangers, after seeing the folks get too close despite all the warnings we were glad there were no Grissly's as that would have forced the rangers into an even more dangerous situation.

All in all a very enjoyable trip. Would recommend it to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.