Tan Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
This is as much as we've had all year, but at least it's something. Many years recently we've had a completely brown Christmas. I'm calling this one tan.

How about y'all? How much you got on the ground this fine Christmas morning?

Attachments

• Tan-Christmas.jpg
    Tan-Christmas.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 254
6-8 inches I would guess . . . enough to snowmobile in the fields, but not enough to hit the trails.

My yard is just a touch whiter than Batten's. Tan here, too. However, I do have 6 Yuengling Black & Tan bottles in teh fridge. Could be a Black & Tan Christmas, later.

About 2-3 inches here in southern NH, but calling for at least 6" starting tomorrow night into Monday - if so, will be our first real snow of the year (a little late). Cheers!

This picture was taken just a couple days ago and not much has changed except to add another couple inches.

Pinoakdead.gif

This picture was taken 2 years ago on Christmas day.

Christmas-2008a.gif

Green grass and grey skies Christmas here. It's almost 50F outside, but we still have a lazy fire burning. At least it stopped raining for the moment.

Attachments

• Christmas-tree.jpg
    Christmas-tree.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 192
shamelessLEE said:
110" since Dec 1.
Has settled to 4-5' in the last week.
Shoveling roofs in blocks and rolling it off it's so hard packed.
I've had enough winter already.

Where are you located?

We got a couple inches last night, 1 more promised for today.. Our last snow (with a bit of ice) was a week or so ago and it had just all melted.

Nothing much here in the Hudson Valley NY. We had enough snow last winter that though it would have been nice to get a white Christmas, I dont miss the snow. Merry Christmas all. Hope you all are having a nice day with your families.

Maybe 6 inches around my house. I hope we get pounded soon.

About 8" right now with a major storm coming tomorrow into Monday ugh..

Ray

Battenkiller said:
This is as much as we've had all year, but at least it's something. Many years recently we've had a completely brown Christmas. I'm calling this one tan.

How about y'all? How much you got on the ground this fine Christmas morning?

Just a bit more here - 15 miles west of where the Battenkill meets the Hudson

Here on the Canadian Prairies we have been pounded with snow. So yes, our Christmas is very white.

We have had to clear the lane and shovel the backyard rink several times.

Attachments

• stacks snow 4.jpg
    stacks snow 4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 128
8" since this morning and it's still snowing. Love it! Merry Christmas :)

We have about 1" from a huge storm last week of the coast of NE. We were spared the brunt but Cape Cod wasn't. We're about to get slammed with 12 to 18 inches Sun into Monday. Merry Christmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.