Tank conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cresto

Jan 1, 2021
Export
So I'm buying my parents house and it has an addition with a temco gas fireplace. It currently uses little 20lb tanks stored outside below the room (room is elevated 7ft off ground, open) using what I believe is a single stage regulator. Theres also a pool heater on property that's connected to a big 100gal (not 100lb) tank. As well, the stove/oven in the kitchen is also LP, connected to two smaller 100lb tanks behind the house. The pool heater has the regulator mounted next to it, not at the tank, but the fireplace and stove regulators are at their respective tanks.

My question is, is it possible to connect all of my items to that single 100gal tank, or at least put the fireplace on it so I dont have to keep changing little tanks all winter? They're already on automatic fill for everything but the 20lb tanks, so I figure why have multiple tanks if I dont have to?

Any help is greatly appreciated folks. Happy new year!

Matt

20210101_090113.jpg 20210101_090011.jpg 20210101_085453.jpg

You can probably do that, but you will have to take into consideration the TOTAL
BTUs required to run ALL of the appliances at the same time & the total length &
size of each of the gas lines running to them. You should have a certified gas
professional check out what you need to have to meet your needs.

You can probably do that, but you will have to take into consideration the TOTAL
BTUs required to run ALL of the appliances at the same time & the total length &
size of each of the gas lines running to them. You should have a certified gas
professional check out what you need to have to meet your needs.
The beauty is we will never run the fireplace and pool heater at the same time... 7-8 months out of the year that 100gal tank sits and does nothing. I have considered calling the gas company to have someone look at everything to see what can be done but I figured if someone here has enough knowledge, I'm mechanically inclined enough to do the job, just need direction.