Tapatalk Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MacinJosh

Feeling the Heat
Mar 4, 2015
Crestwood, KY
Sorry, wasn’t sure where to post this thread. Anyone else getting plugin errors with Tapa? Haven’t been able to use it for over a week.

Thanks

Attachments

• ECCF5EF2-1FBB-41CC-86AF-1BE63069BF71.png
    ECCF5EF2-1FBB-41CC-86AF-1BE63069BF71.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 316
Reactions: Mrpelletburner
I don’t use tapatalk. I have several issues using safari since the new format came along. It never notifies me that I have alerts unless I click on the icon, often I have to reload the page and then hit the icon before it shows alerts.

Tapatalk support ended the first of the year. It was a hassle and while investigating another issue the tech found a serious security issue with TT.

Would have been nice to know... what was the security issue that was found for this forum that no one else has found?

Well that is to bad... as a other user stated on another post we like the convenience of having all our forums in one place.. I tried the web based version and will not use it again.. The adds take it over... i dont know how many times i clicked on the wrong thing because another add loaded.. Don't want to create a whole batch of bookmarks for all my forums... guess i will just visit with the computer...
FYI just like everyone else that purchased tapatalk years ago. we are quite pissed that our paid version changed and that they wanted us to pay again not honoring anyone's previous purchase.. But we still use it for convenience

Reactions: MacinJosh
Well that is to bad... as a other user stated on another post we like the convenience of having all our forums in one place.. I tried the web based version and will not use it again.. The adds take it over... i dont know how many times i clicked on the wrong thing because another add loaded.. Don't want to create a whole batch of bookmarks for all my forums... guess i will just visit with the computer...
FYI just like everyone else that purchased tapatalk years ago. we are quite pissed that our paid version changed and that they wanted us to pay again not honoring anyone's previous purchase.. But we still use it for convenience

This!

TT doesn’t seem to understand the concept of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. It’s a shame, but they can’t get out of their own way.

I love the convenience of all my forums in one spot but understand security issues. No chance for a TT patch to fix?

Without TT, I have moved on from this forum. Just way to much of a PITA loading up and logging in anytime I want to check in.

I would think it would be in TT best interest to help resolve the security issue? I could be wrong, but I believe this is the only forum that I follow that has dropped TT support.

Bookmark and let the browser save the password.

Without TT, I have moved on from this forum. Just way to much of a PITA loading up and logging in anytime I want to check in.

I would think it would be in TT best interest to help resolve the security issue? I could be wrong, but I believe this is the only forum that I follow that has dropped TT support.
While not as convenient as Tapatalk from a user point of view, after a few days of use I quickly became accustomed to the mobile version.

As Begreen mentioned, I bookmark the site in my phone browser and allow it to save the login info.
At that point it is no different then Tapatalk.
Open browser, tap the bookmark, touch the fingerprint sensor and I'm in. Then I tap the hamburger on the left and tap "new posts".

Same process as Tapatalk,just a different layout.