Tarm Solo Plus 60 Top Insulation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cray54

Nov 8, 2011
Ashfield, MA
Should the Tarm Solo Plus 60 have loose insulation above the water chambers as shown in the attached pictures (this insulation is separate from the 3/4" insulation mat fixed inside the covers)?

The loose insulation in the rear appears to be typical fiberglass home insulation. The insulation in the front looks like it has a place, but is just stuffed there.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 1_boilers.JPG
    1_boilers.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 7_tarm_insulation_front.JPG
    7_tarm_insulation_front.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 8_tarm_insulation_back.JPG
    8_tarm_insulation_back.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 145
If I would assume it would be the same insulation as in the Solo Plus 40, then glued to each of the two top cover pieces would be about 1" of thick mat insulation, and that's it. I agree - talk to Tarm.

I'll remove the insulation that seems "added" (the pink in the rear) and try to re-arrange the front.

I contacted Tarm before starting this thread and they were not especially helpful [with the insulation question, more helpful with other questions].

I already have insulation affixed under the front and rear covers. It seems I do not need any additional insulation, I just need to remove the insulation that was previously added.

Status
Not open for further replies.