Taunton Area Pellet Supplies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Just a quick info for folks around the Taunton, Mass area

As of Thursday 17 Nov 2011

J&S (Pellets R Us) in Berkley is out of Okanagans and Vermonts.
June does have Maine Woods.
She is expecting more in 2nd week of December.
She is taking rain check names.

Tractor Supply (Taunton) is completely out of Pellets.
They didn't have an idea when their re-stock would come in or what brands they would have.
It's decided at the corporate level.
Mr. Warm should talk to these guys!

---Nailer---

TSC has been selling Green Supremes. Problem is NEWP is down to the bare bones on their wood/dust piles. TSC were selling MWP last season, Wonder if they will carry them again?

Many brands seem scarce and some are total MIA. The fun has just began!

OMV.

She said $290 for Okies when they come for me. Not sure if that is across the board or FCFS.

Hope it ain't as bad as 2008-9. Under $300 a ton was hard to find that season.
But with HHO selling for $3.65 a gal, I don't see pellets coming down at all.

---Nailer---

hi Nailer.ive been stopping in to the same tsc about once a week and the pellet choices were pretty crappy up to now.for the longest time all they had was inferno.then it was instant heat followed by some other brand that i cant remember of the top of my head.
their sellection has been better in more recent weeks starting with ligs (green label all hardwood,not the conifer blend) then green supreme and their latest were main woods (white bag with cabin on front).
congrats on the new stove and i hope the install runs smooth.

there they go.back to the crappy pellets again

Ventura Grain still has plenty of pellets.
LG, Cleanfire & AWF.

Their annual open house is this Saturday, lots of raffles including win a ton of pellets.

TSC is still selling our pellets. We just haven't been able to keep up with the demand. TSC is getting some but the majority of it is going to all of our other customers.

j-takeman said:
TSC has been selling Green Supremes. Problem is NEWP is down to the bare bones on their wood/dust piles. TSC were selling MWP last season, Wonder if they will carry them again?

Many brands seem scarce and some are total MIA. The fun has just began!

oldmountvernon said:
ScotL said:
TSC is still selling our pellets. We just haven't been able to keep up with the demand. TSC is getting some but the majority of it is going to all of our other customers.
forgive my ignorance but you say " our pellets " are you from MWP ? (im assuming yes, but assumptions get you in trouble sometimes)

Oh, yes. Sorry about that. I am from Maine Woods Pellet. I'm used to my emails where I have a signature line.

Apparently the mgr at the Taunton TSC didn't know what they were talking about
when they said no more this season. Went by there today and they have 40+ ton sitting
in their stockyard.

Don't know what brand is outside under the weather covers but inside they have an open
pallet Nations Choice.

Edit: Maine choice not Nations Choice

AS of 5:00 pm tonight they had about 50 tons of Maine's Choice sitting out front at the TSC in Taunton for $214/ton.

I can't remember if these were any good or not.
At $214/ton are they worth having for the shoulders?

If they are decent I might pick up a ton tomorrow.
I have Okies coming in two weeks.
And Vermonts shortly after that.

---Nailer---

Picked up a ton of Maine's Choice last night to try.
I'll burn one tonight to see what they are like.
Hopefully they are OK for the shoulders.

OMV and Corkman. Check your PM's

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.