Tax Credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
"Tax Credit:
10% of cost up to $500 or a specific amount from $50–$300"
I know this has been beat to death, but I'm evidently a bit slow.
Does this mean 10% of 5000 would give you a $500 credit, or alternatively, you can just take a specific amount up to 300? If the credit is only 10%, I don't think this will work.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get myself an E-30 before winter, and if I could take the 300 off next years taxes, and sell the Ashley, I might be able to swing it (I've been saving my pennies:cool: ).
I really dislike the idea of not taking advantage of a credit.
Flame suit on.

For biomass stoves it is a specific amount. $300 if the stove costs more than $300.

Got it. I read that as well, but it seemed some of the other info I was reading was a little more vague and somewhat counter to that. Like I said, I can be a bit slow at times.
Now, how do I bribe the wife?;lol

Got it. I read that as well, but it seemed some of the other info I was reading was a little more vague and somewhat counter to that. Like I said, I can be a bit slow at times.
Now, how do I bribe the wife?;lol

Get the stove and put some earings inside it, then tell her that "you would not belive the gift box they gave me for your earings!" :)

Reactions: PapaDave
If you ain't figured that out by now, we sure can't tell ya. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PapaDave
I punched all the data into turbotax and turbotax told me what I was getting and it was $300 two years ago. It asks you about installation costs too so I added in all the extra stuff I bought for installation of the wood stove. So its not just the stove its self.

I bet she wants that new stove as much as you do.

Let her do all the CSS, then tell her how more free time she would have with a new stove. ==c

Man, you are getting so close, I can taste it. This is going to be great! ::-)

Status
Not open for further replies.