Tax Credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
codebum said:
You are correct about there being previous discussions on this. Here is one recent thread that has lots of debate, questions, and links. I posted the last response and was really hoping somebody could factually answer my question which was the same as yours.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/33512/P22/

From one the links posted in the above thread:

Q: When does this tax credit go into effect and how long will it last?
A: The tax credit goes into effect January 1, 2009 and is valid only for the purchase of a qualifying pellet or wood stove in 2009. The sales receipt must indicate that the purchase was made between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009. If a retailer sells a stove before the list of qualifying stoves is made public, the retailer must keep a complete record of the sale (name and full contact information) so the purchaser can be notified.

Yeah, I had read that part. Just another example of where I missed the boat -lol

I know they have to start somewhere but it is a shame that we have members who have been burning pellets, helping the environment for many years and they get no recognition or break. Somehow the politicians decided that only the 2009 purchasers will get a incentive. I understand that the purpose is to get more people to go green and help the environment, but wouldn't that work the same by offering a smaller but continuous incentive each year for folks who use a pellet stove? That would entice new comers. Currently their plan will only entice people for 1 year. Sort of singles out a small group if you ask me. Oh well, I got to go see if I can catch another boat...

codebum said:
Yeah, I had read that part. Just another example of where I missed the boat -lol

I know they have to start somewhere but it is a shame that we have members who have been burning pellets, helping the environment for many years and they get no recognition or break. Somehow the politicians decided that only the 2009 purchasers will get a incentive. I understand that the purpose is to get more people to go green and help the environment, but wouldn't that work the same by offering a smaller but continuous incentive each year for folks who use a pellet stove? That would entice new comers. Currently their plan will only entice people for 1 year. Sort of singles out a small group if you ask me. Oh well, I got to go see if I can catch another boat...

By looking at the text of the bill, congress had let the entire incentive law lapse for 2008. So much for all those energy star windows and the 3 doors. No tax credit for me!

I just did my taxes online. There is no tax credit for 2008. Screwed again. I missed out on one in 2007 also when I bought my hybrid vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.