Tee at an angle okay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chimnoob

Nov 12, 2022
The Woods
Hi all,
I have the liner down the chimney, but the liner has to angle to get from the flue to the fireplace. It's proving difficult (or I'm proving too weak) to bend the liner so that it descends the last little bit vertically. Is there any problem with leaving the tee (two-piece tee) at an angle as long as the snout comes out and connects snugly to the wood stove? Thanks so much!

It might not be ok if the liner is not under pressure and at risk of buckling. If so, add a shallow-angle, stainless elbow to straighten it out.

Reactions: DAKSY
Thanks begreen! It’s an Mflex flexible liner and I’ll attach pics of the angle. Would a flexible liner be at risk of buckling?

84CE0ACC-56BA-4C2A-B027-57B2C00845C3.jpeg 45D575FB-BA42-41C0-9906-AD930C91A03C.jpeg

Ah, the picture helps. I was thinking off-angle front to back causing tension on the liner. This looks better. If the snout can run straight & perpendicular to the stove back, at a slight upward pitch to the liner, then it should work ok.