Telescoping pipe has gap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here's a few

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpg
    IMG_5975.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5976.jpg
    IMG_5976.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5979.jpg
    IMG_5979.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 115
Single wall pipe? I hope?

Yes. So I guess from the non response it's nothing to be concerned about?

That’s normal. The big pipe has to be bigger than the inner pipe to allow it to telescope.

long as you dont get smoke leaking thru it i wouldnt be concerned

Air leakage into the pipe can dilute draft and cool down the flue gases. This can cause increased creosote production and weaker draft. In a marginal draft situation, it can be responsible for poor stove performance.

Air leakage into the pipe can dilute draft and cool down the flue gases. This can cause increased creosote production and weaker draft. In a marginal draft situation, it can be responsible for poor stove performance.
very good point Sensei

What brand of pipe? Some are considerably more true/round than others and have a much better fit
It's all Dura Tech components. I have a 1' left over part that if it becomes an issue, I can put the one ft. pipe coming out of the top of the stove and untimately telescope it further in 1 ft.

As far as draft goes there are no turns in the pipe, it's a straight run all the way up.
Is there any product used in a situation like this to seal it off?
Being that it's Dura Tech I would have thought the quality would have been sufficient.