temp gauge for stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
hey guys so this will be my year with a wood stove had a pellet stove previously. i have dvl pipe inside because of clearance. my question is can i use a temp gauge for this stove? i cant put it on the pipe right? thanks for the help..

hey guys so this will be my year with a wood stove had a pellet stove previously. i have dvl pipe inside because of clearance. my question is can i use a temp gauge for this stove? i cant put it on the pipe right? thanks for the help..
Get a probe thermometer made for doublewall pipe

Reactions: Bigger_Al
Condar probe thermometer . . .

Are the probe thermometers common practice for double wall coming off the stove? This will be my first year burning but I do not have any probe thermometer. Something everyone with double wall should have?

Are the probe thermometers common practice for double wall coming off the stove? This will be my first year burning but I do not have any probe thermometer. Something everyone with double wall should have?
Yes

In my opinion . . . yes and yes. I use my probe thermometer far more often to run the stove vs. the stove top temp.

Reactions: bholler and begreen