Temp sensors?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuribo

Feeling the Heat
Dec 10, 2007
SW WI
What are people using for temperature sensors? Any recommendations?

I need some sort of well or something for those, don't I?

Thanks again for the info...

I need some sort of well or something for those, don't I?

Thanks again for the info...
Yes. I had plumber put in Ts where I needed them.. put in the well. Sensors came with a putty type stuff to coat and put in the well. You COULD strap them down to the surface and insulate over. would work fine.

JP

i will be going the x300 route, taping sensors to tank and then spray foam over. it has relays also, 3 i believe, that i will use to turn off the storage circ pump and kick on the oil boiler if/when needed (hopefully not much!).

Azel makes a very nice digital temp gage.

They have a single digital display that monitors 2 temps via. sensors that can connected up to 500 ft. away using t-stat wire.

The sensors can be mounted in a temp well or can be strapped on (they have a concave surface so as to fit snugly against a pipe surface).

Status
Not open for further replies.