temperature output from your stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno I don't measure but if I hold my hand in front of the blower i will get burned so ya it's hot as hell. Burning Okanagans.

BUT he added some brands of pellets will burn more, while other brands will burn less to maintain the heat setting he keeps his stove set at.

In his opion different pellet brands DO make a difference in the amount (tons) needed per season to heat his home.

That is the difference between pellets with a harman. As far as BTUs anyway.....

With stove temp on a Harman the temps out the distribution blower should be in the ball park from each other. There are slight variables that can alter the air temp but i dont see them being very significant. Examples i can think of are the inlet temp of the distibution fan will lead to a higher discharge. A taller flame i beleive will lead to a higher discharge than one with a lower flame. CFM of the fan would be the biggest example i can think of. Im sure there are slight variances between the fan output due to cleanliness of stove as well as fan changes that may have been done over the years. Like i said earlier they should all be "close" with the same given settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.