Ten Ways I Can Tell There Is Going To Be an Early Spring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed home- worked and made a sculpture yesterday (fairly productive). Had 7" when I woke up, and it snowed all day.

Weird rain/snow line- normally there's a wide area of slush. This time it dropped off quickly.

I saw 5 V's of geese today...and I heard the birdies singing yesterday morning at 5 am when I was going to work...(yeah I said 5 am dammit.. >:-( :shut: )
38 degrees here today and damp...so I got the 30 fired up.... :)

No signs just yet here! Just got 7" of white chit dumped on us! I hope its the last harrah, But you never know!

Does me having spring fever really bad count?

OK. let's knock this crap off! It's winter DAMNIT!! and I need to play. I was in northern Vermont last weekend, 3-4 FEET of white gold. The flowers and birds and all that other $#!+ can wait. Winter has just started!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC

iskiatomic said:
The flowers and birds and all that other $#!+ can wait.

KC

KC, you ain't gonna have no flowers or grass on your property anyways.....from rippin that Skidoo through that yard of yours every Friday nite.... :smirk: :lol: :p

Time to find yourself a nice girl to keep your a$$ in line mister... :lol:

KC, you ain’t gonna have no flowers or grass on your property anyways…..from rippin that Skidoo through that yard of yours every Friday nite….

Just a little less to mow!!!!!!

KC

Gonna head out in a bit to snowblow the drive. Been spitting off and on since last night, got maybe 3" or so.

Next week they are saying up to 10-11" looks like. Not that I put much faith in that though, either it will be 50* and sunny or we end up with 2 feet.

firebroad said:
1. The crocuses are in full bloom!
2. The daffodils are ten inches tall, and in bud.
3. The cat is shedding. A lot.
4. The skunks are mating. Phew.
5. The stinkbugs are waking up. I have found 2 staggering around the living room looking for coffee.
6. The birds are checking out the birdhouse in my back yard.
7. The groundhogs, whether they see their shadows or not, are nosing around.
8. The geese have returned to the meadow.
9. The fish are returning to the streams.
10. Men are itching to fish.

--What signs have you observed?

In the 40's on Friday, high 30's today with strong winds with the lows Monday & Tuesday at 2.

zap

In the 40’s on Friday, high 30’s today with strong winds with the lows Monday & Tuesday at 2.
zap

Then 50+ on Wednesday. Is that a sign of Spring? 50+? Usually is. Isn't guys? :grrr: Hello?

Flowering willow-cherry that my wife bought several years ago has buds on it . . . and even though we got a bunch of snow the other day most of it disappeared with the rain and warm temps . . . we're moving fast into Spring . . . skipped right over Winter for the most part. Only two rides on the sled this Winter.

Time for the fire poker dipped in tar on fire to poke out my eyes ! Those thongs are a disgrace to man kind litterally !

Pete

Pallet Pete said:
Time for the fire poker dipped in tar on fire to poke out my eyes ! Those thongs are a disgrace to man kind litterally !

Pete

That's only because they weren't swimming- then they'd be a disgrace littorally

Adios Pantalones said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

First giggle of the morning - thanks AP. :cheese:

Adios Pantalones said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

A disgrace to man, but an insult to women. Ugh. Kinda reminds me of those fake wrestlers they used to have on Saturday TV.

firebroad said:
Adios Pantalones said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

A disgrace to man, but an insult to women. Ugh. Kinda reminds me of those fake wrestlers they used to have on Saturday TV.

WHAT???? That wrestling was fake?

Next thing you're going to tell me that there is no such thing as UFOs, BigFoot or the Loch Ness Monster. ;)

firefighterjake said:
firebroad said:
Adios Pantalones said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

Next thing you're going to tell me that there is no such thing as UFOs, BigFoot or the Loch Ness Monster. ;)

It's all true. Elvis just told me so.

firebroad said:
firefighterjake said:
firebroad said:
Adios Pantalones said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

It's all true. Elvis just told me so.

Now I know you're making up lies . . . everyone knows Elvis is working at Burger King in Montana. I believe he is the Assistant Manager at one of the stores in Billings. :)

Now I know you're making up lies . . . everyone knows Elvis is working at Burger King in Montana. I believe he is the Assistant Manager at one of the stores in Billings. :)[/quote]

Shame on you for calling me a liar. I'm telling the Easter Bunny on you. :kiss: Bet he doesn't bring you a Mankini for easter. :roll:

firebroad said:
Now I know you're making up lies . . . everyone knows Elvis is working at Burger King in Montana. I believe he is the Assistant Manager at one of the stores in Billings. :)

Shame on you for calling me a liar. I'm telling the Easter Bunny on you. :kiss: Bet he doesn't bring you a Mankini for easter. :roll:[/quote]

D'oh . . . please . . . I retract it all . . . just don't rat me out to EB . . . I really wanted a mankini for the summer swim season (that would be July 4th here in Maine.) :)

Firstly, wrestling is NOT fake...its scripted. Totally different.
Secondly, Few things test your security in "man-ness" like a mankini. You gotta be super tough, like myself, in order to deal with the jeering, and snickering, and pointing, and the little kids saying "mommy, why is that man's underwear pulled up over his shoulders?"...and the jeering, and snickering.

you wont be laughing when you see me at the Olympics this summer, doing the high dive in my mankini....you'll be too jealous to laugh...jealous cuz I'm on TV...but I'll wave to you, to rub it in.

YOu know how I know its almost spring? Daylight Losing Time is this Sunday! Sneaky sneaky.

firefighterjake said:
firebroad said:

Shame on you for calling me a liar. I'm telling the Easter Bunny on you. :kiss: Bet he doesn't bring you a Mankini for easter. :roll:

D'oh . . . please . . . I retract it all . . . just don't rat me out to EB . . . I really wanted a mankini for the summer swim season (that would be July 4th here in Maine.) :)[/quote]

No way guys Elvis presided over my cousins wedding in vegas DU! What a bunch of weirdoes you are :cheese:

Pete

Argh, more snow again, looks like about 8-10" worth this time. At this rate it'll be July before this is all gone!

One sure way that is an indicator of spring, less members logged in.

Another sure way is seeing just how far a thread can get off topic and not be shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.