Thank you Elk, Steve (Stevebass4), and Ross (Burn-1)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath

Feeling the Heat
Jul 31, 2007
Craig and I both really appreciated Elk's expertise and time. We also want to thank Steve (Stevebass4) for the extra pair of hands.

A special thanks to Burn-1 (Ross) for giving me the heads up on the used Winter Warm II. According to Elk it was a real bargain and is in great shape, as you might have read in his last update. Tomorrow I will get the gasket kit for the catalytic converter. We are also hoping to pick up some travertine tile to extend the hearth. We had considered granite but that would probably be too dark with the black insert, surround, and painted brick.

Craig did a test burn and he seemed pleased. I can also report that the fire was very pretty. The toddlers seemed to enjoy the way it warms their tootsies. I am hoping to take the curse off the gas bill but am also looking forward to some great family moments by the fire, especially during the Winter holidays.

My big regret is that Elk and Steve couldn't stick around for some burgers ... or perhaps someone heard about my cooking in advance. I should have explained that Craig runs the grill.

Regarding pictures, Craig did take some on the digital camera but I'll have to figure out a way to upload them. Unfortunately my computer is ancient and I am technologically challenged. If I get them burned on a CD I may be able to email them to Elk. Perhaps he could post them.

I did give Elk a little something towards the "appease the spouse" fund. It doesn't begin to cover the real value of his time and expertise but as a Handyman's Widow, I understand the importance of a gesture of appreciation. If nothing else it may be useful the next time he has a project at his mother in law's.

Elk, one more thing, I'm not sure how Craig left it with you but he decided he would like the offset box. Please let me know how much you need for that. He also asked me to remind you that he'd like to help you with one of your next donor projects.

~Cath

just glad i could help :)

It was a pleasure to lend a hand good luck with that nice stove and I will follow up on the off set box

Status
Not open for further replies.