THANK YOU!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snrek

Jan 30, 2015
north FL
A while ago I asked the members of this forum which stove to get to replace my VC Intrepid. I gave them a list of wants/needs and existing parameters (weak draft, etc.). I got LOTS of replies and many recommended the PE Super 27 for my installation. Well, I got one and couldn't be happier! It holds a fire most of the night and there are plenty of hot coals in the AM to start burning again. No more waking up to a cold house!
It seems to be efficient with my wood supply and best of all it takes 18" to 20" logs. I was tired of cutting 12" to 13" logs for my old stove. If I managed to get anything precut (friends cleaning up after a storm or clearing land) I had to cut off about 4" from every piece. And try stacking 12" logs, not happening!
Overall you could say I am thrilled with my 27!
Did I mention watching the beautiful flames? We've run it for almost 2 heating seasons and we still comment frequently on the fascinating flame view.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Bob

Hi Bob, we are having the same results with our PE Summit. The glass is always clean, flames are just beautiful and still coals to fire back up in the morning.

A while ago I asked the members of this forum which stove to get to replace my VC Intrepid. I gave them a list of wants/needs and existing parameters (weak draft, etc.). I got LOTS of replies and many recommended the PE Super 27 for my installation. Well, I got one and couldn't be happier! It holds a fire most of the night and there are plenty of hot coals in the AM to start burning again. No more waking up to a cold house!
It seems to be efficient with my wood supply and best of all it takes 18" to 20" logs. I was tired of cutting 12" to 13" logs for my old stove. If I managed to get anything precut (friends cleaning up after a storm or clearing land) I had to cut off about 4" from every piece. And try stacking 12" logs, not happening!
Overall you could say I am thrilled with my 27!
Did I mention watching the beautiful flames? We've run it for almost 2 heating seasons and we still comment frequently on the fascinating flame view.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Bob
Sounds like you made the right choice for your situation. And yes, a good flame show is a real comfort.

Last edited:
Love a happy ending. Thanks for the update.

Love a happy ending. Thanks for the update.
Doesn't sound like an ending to me, more like a Casablanca "beginning of a beautiful friendship." :cool:

Reactions: sportbikerider78