Thanks everyone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slocochef

Mar 19, 2023
MI
In the Spring this year you helped me navigate…. I had originally wanted a wood stove, but you saw my home and situation was better suited for a gas stove. Next you helped me choose between NG and propane…. So I had a NG line hookup done….yard is still tore up …oh well! Then I chose a stove company - Jotul. Now on Monday I order my stove! Early September it will hopefully be installed. I think I will get their GF520…..it’s new to their line up…hope it performs well for me! It looks like the wood burning one the F520. This has been a long process and cant wait till it’s done. I would be NOWHERE however without your guiding hands….so am very grateful to all who helped…thx again! This is Jotuls pic of the stove.
IMG_2403.jpeg

Reactions: Todd and EbS-P
Oh I will! Never realized the time all the research would take! The sales store I chose never stopped quipping how knowledgeable I was - not missing any detail….I smiled as the journey all began here!

Good plan on a well-thought-out decision.

Reactions: Slocochef
Thank you….. I only get a little anxious as Jotul seems to be not the go-to corporation for handling problems or supporting dealers in the midst of problems….so being a new stove design here….am I treading sketchy waters…..hmmmm. My other option is a little Kozy Heat stove at almost half the cost! Steel, better efficiency…. But not the same IPI. Board and guts many stove manufacturers use in the control panel area…. I do OVERTHINK lol! But again thank you for the support all thru this! Will post pics after the install!

Hey Slocochef- Jotul is always a good call. The little Kozy Heat must have been the Oakport MV? I will tell you, a nice little stove for its cost. I understand the desire for IPI though, all operations being done from the remote. I read this thread with interest. I wish all would be as thorough as you doing your looking. Good luck with her.

Background thread:

Thank you….. I only get a little anxious as Jotul seems to be not the go-to corporation for handling problems or supporting dealers in the midst of problems….
I ended up dealing with Jotul a good bit, as I happened to own a few of one of their more troublesome models. The stoves were built in the 1990's, I purchased them second-hand in 2011 - 2013.

My experience was that the dealers were well-prepared to give good support on newer models, but because of employee turnover or other reasons, they were completely il-equipped to even help with basic parts sales on older models.

No problem, I thought, I'll just call the manufacturer. Unfortunately, at least back then, Jotul had NO phone number for customer or end-user support. I did manage to dig up their tech support phone number, but the first time I called, I was told they will only talk with dealers. They basically hung up on me.

Thankfully, one of my local dealers was friendly enough to tell me to just use their credentials when I called Jotul, and pretend I was them. So, from there on out, I had a good line directly into Jotul USA, and there was someone there who not only knew my old model well, but happened to be a huge fan of that model. We became very friendly over the few years I was running those stoves.

Long way of saying, yes... Jotul really sucks for end-user support. They just won't talk to you, unless you're a dealer. But not all is lost, as the dealers are actually pretty good at supporting current models, and they do get secondary support from Jotul.