Thanks to all who take the time to help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudyjr

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
Central Ohio
I would like to let everyone on this forum know how much I appreciate their help. This site and the members who take the time to help others make this one of the most valuable resources I have encountered on the web. Being a guy who had been a woodburning stove owner in the late 70's early 80's I figured that I knew quite a bit about things. When we started looking for a fireplace insert after many years of burning an open fire in a fireplace I found out how much I needed to learn. With help from the kind folks here I learned about chimney liners, block off plates, fire building techniques, chimney cleaning equipment etc.., etc..,. Things that you never had to worry about thirty years ago, but things that made my installation successful and safe. I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks !
So in closing I would just like to once again say thanks to everyone involved, Jim

Well thanks is great . . . but now you owe us . . . you can either submit a picture of the new insert you buy, a picture of the fire with flames, a picture of your woodpile or woodshed . . . or you can simply continue to contribute to the site by starting threads or commenting on threads if you have a meaningful comment . . . together we all can help each other burn safely and efficiently.

And yes . . . I agree . . . this forum is a fantastic resource . . . in fact I often plug it when doing fire safety seminars when the focus is on alternative heating.

Will do . . . I sometimes miss reading some threads . . . or forget which threads I read. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.