Thanks to member BG for a floor fan speed controller recommendation. This item works nicely. Thought I'd share.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
Using this gizmo to slow a desk top style fan, I use on my cold kitchen floor, pointed towards our stove room. In the past the stock low-speed fan setting was simply too fast and made a rather uncomfortable floor level draft.
Plugging this controller inline has made a significant difference. I use only a small portion of the available adjustment zone on the controller and it works perfectly to reduce my fan speed just where I want to set it. Nice.
I purchased two controllers and will be setting up another identical fan/controller combo in the other colder corner of the house when it gets to zero or below.
Worth sharing as I know there are others monkeying with fan placement/speed etc.

Thanks BG

Amazon product ASIN B07T9BLJ7L

That's a lot easier than trying to rewire a fan with a controller. Glad it's working out.

Reactions: moresnow
That’s a great product for that use.
I’ve had one on my Buck 91 for several years.

Will this work on any fan? I bought this fan to move air from one room to another, but it's way to powerful and loud on low:

Amazon product ASIN B0BWLVL9DW
As an aside, this fan would be AWESOME for any shop/garage. The thing absolutely cranks the air.

Whoa, 4650CFM fan in a house? Hold on to yer toupeé.

• Haha
Reactions: Branimal