that never happens (Ebay saw)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Huh, that's weird. I bid on saws all the time and never win because I bid low. Tonight I watched the clock tick down but never got outbid. Surely that means that everyone else knows something I don't.

McCulloch 15 Vintage saw...what am I supposed to do with that? lol, oh well, at least it wasn't a big money purchase...

in case you wanna see how much money I wasted, here's the link:
http://tinyurl.com/29okvdj

don't even mention the fact that it doesn't say a thing about bar length, and that I'll probably pay more to ship it than I paid to win it...

Sellers and buyers remorse, does it ever end?

if it runs like he says then it's worth every penny... Too early to tell if I have buyer's remorse, lol.

don’t even mention the fact that it doesn’t say a thing about bar length, and that I’ll probably pay more to ship it than I paid to win it…

Thats start of buyers remorse my friend. It starts the moment you win the sale!

FINALLY came in the mail today. I spent a while cleaning it up, will probably post pictures soon. I took the day off because I feel crappy, but originally I have been planning to go out to the timber tomorrow morning. we'll see how I feel. It would be fun to try this saw out, but Timbrens came in the mail today, too, I don't have a single sharpened chain, and I need a new drop hitch for the trailer... will take some major work to get things set for a trip in the AM. and I have to be back by my son's soccer game...

chain was bum, a couple of broken teeth. But, oh baby, this thing runs pretty good. Definitely need some ear protection with it. I'll have to pick up a chain for it at the store. I didn't measure it, but I think it's an 18 or 20 inch bar on it, that should cut through stuff pretty easily, not that I plan on using it regularly...

Danno77 said:
chain was bum, a couple of broken teeth. But, oh baby, this thing runs pretty good. Definitely need some ear protection with it. I'll have to pick up a chain for it at the store. I didn't measure it, but I think it's an 18 or 20 inch bar on it, that should cut through stuff pretty easily, not that I plan on using it regularly...

Danno - that looks an awful lot like an old horse I have. Mine is a different color (orange) with a different name (bobcat), but it looks to be a similar Clinton engine. They bark pretty loud and jump around on the ground like a little kid. Your oil pump looks to be a little different config.

They used a bunch of the clinton 2 strokes for all sorts of names of saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.