Thats a lot of deer!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

We where on our way home and a huge heard of deer where in the field next to us! I counted around 20 but there where more coming in and out of the tree line so I lost count. Sorry the picture kind of sucks I took it with my phone but it gives you the idea anyway. Enjoy!

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20120204_181246.jpg
    IMG_20120204_181246.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 641
We also saw a bunch today. This sort of weather makes them want to wander around looking for things to eat.

Hard to see your deer there Pete, you need a bigger picture, or maybe bigger deer. :)

On the road my wife takes to work everyday there is a local herd that likes to hang out in the same area all the time. She has counted over thirty before, but I have a picture with only half that many.

Attachments

• deer herd.jpg
    deer herd.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 499
Carbon_Liberator said:
Hard to see your deer there Pete, you need a bigger picture, or maybe bigger deer. :)

On the road my wife takes to work everyday there is a local herd that likes to hang out in the same area all the time. She has counted over thirty before, but I have a picture with only half that many.

Ya my phone camera isn't that good they where way closer than they appear in the photo. There where tons of them in the tree line and I lost count! It was very cool to see.

Pete

It is quite a sight to see a herd of deer in an open field.
See it all the time up here, and we don't even get out much. I see a few in the back field when I go back there.
On the other hand, was at a house my oldest daughter is trying to buy, and there were Elk tracks all over the place. They must have seen the real estate sign. :lol:

Very common in my neck of the woods. We've got tons of them. They're smart too. They know just where my dog's elect fence boundry is and they totally ignore her as they walk the line and she goes crazy!

When I let her out to do her business at 6a, there might be 6 in the back yard. They just step outside the line and continue to graze. Always cracks me up. Someday - her battery is gonna need a change.... they better look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.