that's what friends are for

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xena

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2005
South Shore MA
Woohoo! Two friends came by to help my brother and I put away/stack
up 3 tons I had in the driveway. Had them delivered
in June. Now they're all tucked in the garage and on
the porch. Took us about 45 minutes but we took our time.

Have to say pelletsales is awesome! Not a single bag damaged. :)

pellets_porch.jpg

pellets_garage.jpg

Looks good...... You are hooked up Dude!!!!

Time to continue the good deed and come on up here and give me a hand lugging three ton from my barn down into my basement !!

6-4-08 had 3 tons put in my garage on pallets and never lifted a finger, $747.

Are they for hire? I need to move mine from garage to basement - 2 tons. Near Philly , PA - just kidding - godd deal for everyone!

BadDad320 said:
Looks good...... You are hooked up Dude!!!!

That's Dudette. :lol:

Two friends, my dad and I moved my 6 tons (CleanFire, 3 torn ~ 1 of which had moisture) last Saturday from the side of my garage to my basement through my bulkheld which was about 20-25 yards away, then stacked them. It took us under an hour and a half. I had borrowed one of my friends kids' slides for the bulkheld stairs and it worked GREAT.

I got 4 tons from pellet sales...not the brand ordered...and hopefully as good of a brand..but wont know till winter :(

I have 1 more ton to move.
1 skid had a ripped open bag thru the plastic on top. so the open back I threw in the stove and burned to check ash content.
Not much ash so it appears low..
3rd ton was wet inside of plastic...found small holes on top of the of the stack from a fork trucks fork...dragged over bag ripping a few holes ...
the whole corner bags all the way to the bottom were wet.
I took a towel and dried each bag as I restacked them in my garage.
The 4th ton...which I will move this weekend weather permitting..
already has 1 bag on the 3rd row up...burst out the corner with wet pellets..so that bag at least is no good..
dont know the condition/dryness of the other bags.

So my first experience with pellet sales is certainly less that good.

Those bags with the water over the outside of the bags..I dont know how much moisture they may have absorbed...
I havent cut one open yet...
Any idea what the chance of the bags still being good is??

i got lucky and had my bro in law get the skid steer and put my last 2 tons in the garage

8 tons - 4 guys - 60 minutes

Of course we only had to move the pellets 50' off the truck and into my basement. The truck was able to pull right up to the door in my walkout basement.

TboneMan said:
One would assume the consumption
of cold adult beverage commenced AFTER the work was done.

Hmm one might assume yeah, but one friend had to get her kids home
for dinner, and the other friend just wanted to get home and sip a few
in his lounge chair by the pool. In light of all that, we settled for ice cold
Sunny D after the pellets were inside. :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.