The 30 Doing It

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if you buy from Home Depot, the stove comes with a blower at no additional cost.
Mine actually didnt come with the blower. I got mine at the end of the season clearance and it was missing the fan. I am considering purchasing one.

I have used the blower but just to see what it does. Haven't needed it yet, this thing radiates great. Now I think a blower would have actually been better on my small Napoleon which only seemed to radiate out the front, which is also why I think the 30 does so much better heating the living room which is on the side of the stove.

I used mine without the blower last year. Decided to buy it this year. I got the AC-30 blower (Big rectangle/higher output according to Mike Holton). And I must say that it will pay for itself very quickly.

As for air adjustment. If I kept my air half way open through the whole load, it would Overfire for sure. At 50% it gets HOT quick. Normally run between 1/2"-1" open (from full closed). Get the load burning good and hot and shut it down in increments of 1" or so.

Katwillny- What is your chimney set-up/height? (SS liner/Clay liner)?

Oh and I love your Hearth too... Beautiful set-up :)

@ DexterDay, I have a 20' Class A chimney. Thanks on the hearth, we love it too. We spend a lot of time in front of that hearth.

@ DexterDay, I have a 20' Class A chimney. Thanks on the hearth, we love it too. We spend a lot of time in front of that hearth.

That thing should Draft like a champ. Congrats

(Seen your other thread. You gotta love having options;))

Dexter, yes having options is a beautiful thing. I like the convenience of having both stoves, at the touch of a button the Breckwell comes on but when power is out, having the 30 makes life easier. I do have a generator in the event of power loss but if gas availability becomes an issue like it did this week, the 30 comes to the rescue.

Reactions: DexterDay
It probably depends on your setup. I have mine in a pretty small area (considering the size of the stove) and I haven't noticed much difference with or without the blower.

I don't see the blower getting much use from me.

I could easily see it coming in handing if this was wedged into a fireplace. Also, if you buy from Home Depot, the stove comes with a blower at no additional cost.
I bought both of my 30s from HD about a year apart. Neither came with a Blower.

I bought both of my 30s from HD about a year apart. Neither came with a Blower.
Then it must be a recent change as both, Bart and I, received blowers with the 30 and it was an included item.

Then it must be a recent change as both, Bart and I, received blowers with the 30 and it was an included item.
All good. Where i have my stove i have kind of a weak draft so the stove never gets too hot. It does throw a lot of heat already but a blower is this case may cool it down too much. I dont want to run it too cool and lose the clean burn.

The units purchased several years ago didn't come with blowers.

pen

New 30 burner myself - picked it up from Virginia last march/april I think with the free shipping Dealio. Mine has the blower but I rarely use it. I still use a little 12" fan that is much quieter unless I need to move heat quick. Stove fan works great for that.
finished heart 005.JPG

I know that all 30's look the same, but it's great to see pictures of everyone's Englander doing what they do best!
My blower isn't used unless I get it running waaay too hot, or I need it running hard to keep up when it gets real cold.
Mine isn't "Doing it" at the moment. It is anxiously waiting....
S6300100.JPG

New 30 burner myself - picked it up from Virginia last march/april I think with the free shipping Dealio. Mine has the blower but I rarely use it. I still use a little 12" fan that is much quieter unless I need to move heat quick. Stove fan works great for that.
View attachment 79897

Glad to see the glass on your 30NC looks the same as the glass on my 13NC!!

I rarely use the blower also...................it's really loud!!! I run a small fan at the back of the hall in my small ranch, and it moves the air pretty well.

I use the blower to cool the stove if she gets into the "Danger Will Robinson Zone" on the thermometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.