the atlanta stove works - huntsman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertson

Sep 9, 2006
Can anyone give me any info on this wood burner? I don't have a model number, it has two doors one that says huntsman the other has a deer on it..

Robertson said:
Can anyone give me any info on this wood burner? I don't have a model number, it has two doors one that says huntsman the other has a deer on it..

A steel stove with cast doors very much like a Fisher and other older steel step stoves. You might find parts and perhaps even a manual at Stove Parts Unlimited.

http://www.stovepartsunlimited.com/

Welcome!!
Good luck finding info on these stoves. I burn a Huntsman as well and have been searching for any tidbit I can find, to no avail.
I came across a forum (Kountrylife.com) a while back with an Atlanta Stove Works thread, but all the posters were looking for info on their stoves. One guy did claim to have a manual for a Huntsman (not sure which model), but he has not returned my email.

BTW...ASW must have made different Huntsman models as my stove has one door with three air controls. It's longer than it is wide and it's a "step stove".

Anywoo...stick around and check out the site. Good group here and lot's of valuable info going back and forth.

Attachments

• huntsman1.JPG
    huntsman1.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 7,201
Hey I was on that thread on the KuntryLife web site too and that same guy never sent me a copy of the manual either. He just sent one illustration from the cover. It was like his was yanking my chain or somethiing. I have the same Huntsman(single door,3 airholes,double chamber). Love mine, have no manual but don't feel I need one now. I feel I've gotten pretty good with it and I'm sure I'll get better as the years go on. If I can be of any help just ask. I'll give you my email.

I did (eventually) get the manual. Not sure if it was the same dude.
Anywoo, PM me your email addy and I'll shoot you a copy.

leaf4952 said:
Hey I was on that thread on the KuntryLife web site too and that same guy never sent me a copy of the manual either. He just sent one illustration from the cover. It was like his was yanking my chain or somethiing. I have the same Huntsman(single door,3 airholes,double chamber). Love mine, have no manual but don't feel I need one now. I feel I've gotten pretty good with it and I'm sure I'll get better as the years go on. If I can be of any help just ask. I'll give you my email.

I just bought a house that has a huntsman model in it as well. My stove is a two door model with the same deer jumping on one of the doors and it also has the secondary chamber on top. I have been searching any info on it I can find. I just replaced all of the firebrick in it, but I am not sure of the correct pattern. I understand that someone here actually has a manual for one of these. Is there anyway you would be willing to e-mail me a copy of it. It would be hugely appreciated.

Hello Fellow Huntsman Owner,
I had a cover page for my single door and maybe one diagram of the double door with a detailed description of it but alas all my records/emails/jpgs remain on the hard drive of the PC I used for one year. I still have the PC but transfering the files onto a MAC is a pain in the ass. Its actually easier to just learn the damn stove alone which I have DONE considering the diagrams were piece-meal at best. The Forum thread from which that partial manual eminated from was "kountrylife.com". I have in the past two days gone back to revisit those forum threads and found them GONE ! In fact I find nothing when I look up Atlanta Stove Works under the search bar on the Kountrylife website. They have obviously gone thru some renovation which is veering away from woodburning and more about how to get stains out "organically" (another words super-light-weight stuff that is not gonna lower my monthly bills). I am surprised and disappointed about the change in that website especially since I just told a wood-stove "lost" couple in the heating aisle of Walmart to learn from that website. I should have given them the Heath.com website. They were so lost and in these mountains...heat is EVERYTHING. They were poor just bought their home and expecting to utilize the wood stove right away without any experience! I felt their pain...the pain they didnt even know they were gonna feel soon ! But I did tell them to search the internet beyond the site I recommended. They had no idea there were so many others like us actually talking to each other about how to burn our stoves & keep our homes warm !
Well anyway if I ever get those files off my old PC I wil save & forward them, Please send me a private message, & that'll help encourage me to look further into it if at all possible. By the way...a diagram or manual of the single door Huntsman would likely be almost as helpful as one for the double door, because the physical logistics and usage to be largely the same at least enough to the extent of the manufacturers description of the stove. They are not gonna state nuances, this was an unfortunately faltering old Titan of stove making companies on its last breaths of inovation before the EPA regulated wood burning stoves. I think the world of Atlanta Stove Works however thru research I've come to realize it is worthwhile to keep my already insurance-approved Huntsman Stove, it is a pre-1990 stove is not made with the best clean-air advances in knowledge. I am financially strapped and will keep it, respect it, and admire it, but know its place in time. And God knows I will stretch that out as long as I can.
I have had the MOST problems getting totally aged wood from my woodman ! His wood in the 2 and half yrs I've used him has been mediocre/ok. He is cheaper but shows up with only 2 cords by Oct. when I want 5 by then because I want aging insurance time "on my lot". He was pretty good the first two years but i am very unhappy with what I have burned this October. I hate searching for a new wood source in any season but the summer ! Apparently this is my biggest problem these days.

jabush said:
I did (eventually) get the manual. Not sure if it was the same dude.
Anywoo, PM me your email addy and I'll shoot you a copy.

leaf4952 said:

can someone send me a copy? [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.