The Craigslist Gods Were Smiling On Me Today........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonprophet said:
Wet1 said:
$200 is a great price! Yeah, a 32" is a lot of bar on that saw (that west coast thing I guess), I like a 20" or 24" on those. She'll pull a 28" no problem, but 32" is about all that saw wants and it's really nose heavy. BTW, I've never been overly impressed with the power of the 044/440, but they are great saws and they'll run forever.

Let me look this weekend, I know I have some 044/440 parts kicking around... I might have a fuel tank.

Thanks! If you find one let me know. Turns out that there's a dime-sized hole in the tank, not just a crack.....I still think I could patch it with another piece of plastic and some JB weld and/or a fiberglass repair kit I've got, but a used tank would be the best long-term solution.

NP
you can find them on eay as well a saw like that i wouldnt think twice about it! fix it right and its worth 600 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.