The Disappearing Chimney Sweeps of Paris

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Great article! My first thought was I wonder how far away the firewood comes from and where do they keep it?

NYT= trash. Please dont read that garbage. And I’m not even talking about what they think about Trump.

NYT= trash. Please dont read that garbage. And I’m not even talking about what they think about Trump.
And that has what to do with an article on sweeps in Paris?

Reactions: AlbergSteve
The fact is yes the number of sweeps is down from what it was at other points in history. Part of that is due to burning less wood and coal. Another part is productivity. When my father started over 40 years ago he was lucky is he was able to do 3 cleanings a day. Now we easily do 7 or 8. That is due to better equipment and better appliances. But even if no one was burning solid fuel anymore there would still be a need for sweeps as long as there are heating appliances that need vented.

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
Nothing. I found that nyt lied in other articles, so they lost any credibility.
Every publication and news organization has reported inaccurate information from time to time. Some are worse than others but nyt is no worse than most.