The fastest car that runs on wood pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
Beaver’s energy wood pellet car. They have been making gasification cars & trucks since approx the early 1900s but the wood & apparatus adds a lot of weight. Also the lower energy fuel means you need a lot more of it!

If gas prices keep going up, It maybe cheaper to buy a bag of fuel at Walmart?

Last edited:
We have three people running gasification trucks
2 on wood one on corn . fun to play with but is it
going somewhere I don't think so

maybe we should go back to the Stanley Steamers, course in to days society you would need a engineer boilers lic. in addition to the driver's lic. I can just see the lines at the boiler safety annual inspection by your local DOT. Ford ( found on road dead) would have an entirely new meaning.

We have three people running gasification trucks
2 on wood one on corn . fun to play with but is it
going somewhere I don't think so
Did they have to modify the engine?
Any pics?

The only thing is that the engine has to have a carb or throttle body
The fuel- air is already mixed when it arrives at the intake .
They run small 5 to 15 hp engines really well . Lots of you-tube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2ZrGd8Gm4

Wood gas - car engine- gas has to be well filtered ie removing the creosote tars prior to introduction to intake system- actually applies to small eng. as well- they are less sensitive though. System is similar to what is used on a dual fuel fork lift

Reactions: Don2222
Wood gasification units were in use all over Europe during world war 2. 100's of thousands of them. With no access to cheap oil and gas they used wood or coal gasification units in cars, busses, trucks and trains. They work quite well actually.
Ron

Wood gasification units were in use all over Europe during world war 2. 100's of thousands of them. With no access to cheap oil and gas they used wood or coal gasification units in cars, busses, trucks and trains. They work quite well actually.
Ron
Yes and Hitler built the Autobahn, a super highway that was banked on the curves so it could handle cars going 3 times faster than they could go at the time. I personally traveled in the slow lane there with a voltswagon golf with the petal to the metal at 90 Miles per hour and the Mercedes were flying by me in the fast lane at a buck fifty! There are No speed limits. :) The point here is that when the cars got faster, the gasification cars were way to slow topping out at 50 mph so they stopped producing them! :-(

Last edited: