The first stove lighting of the year..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes. I've seen $275 per.cord.

I've been there; mine are 10+ now. And I'm out East. It's my sanity treatment to buck and split. Was supposed to fell a few dead pines today but it was a bit too windy for my skills.

I figure that $500 will save me $1500+ in oil. Usually I'd be several hundred dollars into my heating oil bill by now, but I'm at $70 so far this season. This is my first year with the wood stove, and with the tax credit and oil savings, I think it might pay for itself in 1-2 years.
I'm in Nassau, so space is much more limited for a splitting operation and I'm pretty sure my neighbors would run me out of town for having logs dropped in my driveway. The sight of two cords of split wood is already enough for some of them.

Reactions: stoveliker
68972760516__F4D8AF54-E8E1-450E-97DB-7DCF16BCA010.jpeg
Breaking in the new stove ! I'm actually enjoying the Dauntless so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, that is the tiniest fire I've seen here, so far.
I understand being careful with the break-in, though. Enjoy!

Curating future hearth members already!

What years your sporty? I had an 03 that I loved but the Mrs needed something bigger for her butt. So now we have 07 electra
It’s an 06 dyna lowrider first year of the 6 speed. I bet that was a nice upgrade!

It’s an 06 dyna lowrider first year of the 6 speed. I bet that was a nice upgrade!
.ine the 1st yr of 6 spd in the electra make a world if difference on highway. Sorry rear shocks made me think yours was a sporty. Those dynas are nice got to ride one that was an 88ci 5sp. Handles like small bike got a big twin like a big bike!

Reactions: weee123
.ine the 1st yr of 6 spd in the electra make a world if difference on highway. Sorry rear shocks made me think yours was a sporty. Those dynas are nice got to ride one that was an 88ci 5sp. Handles like small bike got a big twin like a big bike!
Yea its way nicer to cruise with it in 6th instead of screaming at 5th. Yea i really love how nice mine rides and handles

Winter has come to NC, we are off and burning. This load includes white oak and water oak.

20221118_165005 (1).jpg

Reactions: ispinwool