The Garden Tractor Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Power King with the loader is awesome. I keep an eye on craigslist for another Case 446 or 448. One of these days I'll find the right deal on one to put a loader on.

This time of year the leaves look to be about a foot deep on my lawn and I'm most jealous of the tow behind vacuum trailer that my neighbor has.

You could get a lot of attachments for the PK. I had a sickle bar but foolishly sold it.
PK1 065.jpgPK1 066.jpgPK1 069.jpgPK2 024.jpg

I wish I had some attachment, what you see is what I have but I got it for free so can't complain

I had to look up the A15, that's awesome. Do you have any implements for it? That thing looks wicked stout.

Mahindra Max 25. Definitely not a garden tractor!

Attachments

• IMG00255-20130608-1841.jpg
    IMG00255-20130608-1841.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 213
  • stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG00216-20130409-1919.jpg
    IMG00216-20130409-1919.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 246
Those Suburbans are a classic looking tractor for sure.

Yea I had Dad's old Suburban 12hp, it was built like a tank.

New to me 77 Sears 16/6. Love it so far. $150, a carb kit and a couple rattle cans and she was ready for the woods.
20151229_164157.jpg

Reactions: Grateful11
There you go. That is a good deal on a cool vintage machine. $150 and you're the king of the woods, can't beat it. Gonna keep an eye out for some tire chains for it?

There you go. That is a good deal on a cool vintage machine. $150 and you're the king of the woods, can't beat it. Gonna keep an eye out for some tire chains for it?
thanks

i definitely need more traction in the rear. thinkin i may put a set of Kenda Executioners on the rear and watch for some wheel weights. we dont get much snow here, mainly slick clay mud on slopes to deal with. chains may be the better option with weight, idk, still researching/deciding while i save my lunch money.

Put a set of chains on that thing. They will make more difference than the tire weights do.

Reactions: semipro
It'd be pretty mean with a gnarly tire on it like that, but chains do help quite a bit and the pair will cost less than one tire. Might be worth a try for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.