The gas (LP) man just delivered....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WNCBear

Jan 10, 2013
Asheville, NC
98 gallons to top off tank...$347. That's my usage over three months.

Last year...same time frame...pre-pellet stove....$2,500.

Love me some pellet stove!

Reactions: mepellet
I've used about 1/8 a tank of oil since Dec 28. That would have been WAY WAY higher if I didn't get my stove in November...and my house is actually warm now!

I have used about 3 gallons of oil and 10 gallons of propane since I hooked up the pellet stove December 1st. Normally would have been about 100 gallons of oil per month and for those 3 months would have used about 75 gallons of propane. And the house is MUCH warmer.

Yeah buuuuuuudy!

nice...50 gallons of oil since nov 1 i use for hot water

Best friend just had propane delivered, 1.79 a gallon. Location, location...

Dug out the propain tank and used a little more than 30 gallons so far for the pilot light. Should have kept it off till the storms. Was able to shut down the pellet stove for seven hours today. Still the outside temps 10 shy of normal of 30.

$3.54 per gallon...wow, I just got it for $2.19 per in CT, but I own my 500 gallon in ground tank.
What are others paying ?
Andy

11/11 fill was 2.10. If I had filled last fall it was 1.35. The dealer bought two rail tanks last fall to add to the three tanks he had. He told me he figured that propane could be double of last fall and is filling all his tanks now. Gasoline went to 3.81 here last week.:(

2.59 in central Maine for 1000 gals pre-buy pay as I go.

Gotta love them there miniature compressed wood log, automatic stoking stoves!

Two months of Fuel oil 52 Gallons! 3.20/Gal

Bill

howd do u like eco-65 ,thinking on getting that in fall,loves the pellets,no/??

Gotta love them there miniature compressed wood log, automatic stoking stoves!

Two months of Fuel oil 52 Gallons! 3.20/Gal

Bill
Must have filled early. NYMEX fuel today 3.07

my propane tank has been empty for 4 years. thinkin about selling it.

howd do u like eco-65 ,thinking on getting that in fall,loves the pellets,no/??

It is my first stove and this is my first winter running it. I don't have any complaints and the performance has far exceeded my expectations. I've taken advantage of the duct option and added in-line fans in the ducts which improved an already good set-up. It eats pellets; that's true. But I'm getting superior heat, and doing it at a fraction of the cost of propane.

Status
Not open for further replies.