The Pacific FP30 Fireplace by Pacific Energy !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I just saw this this morning and thought I would share it. This fireplace looks very nice ! I cant wait for some reviews on this bad boy.
Pete
  • Reliable non- catalytic technology
  • Extended burn technology
  • User friendly one-touch operation
  • Air wash system for super clean ceramic glass
  • High-tech multi port combustion air injection system
  • Inside and outside combustion air capable
  • Floating firebox for extended life
  • Easy and safe front to back fuel loading
  • Cast iron door and ash lip
  • 304 Stainless Steel Baffle, insulation cover, rails, and flame shield
  • Boost air for easy lighting
  • 125 cfm temperature actuated variable speed blower
Heat Transfer Kit to run heat ducts to various other rooms creating a warm, cozy atmosphere throughout your home
Heat Output Cord Wood 99,000 BTU
EPA Test Fuel 38,500 BTU
Efficiency (LHV) 74.2%
Emissions 2.68 gm/hr.
Log Size 18-20 inches max.
For Spaces up to 3000 square feet.
Heating Capacity will vary depending on type of wood, floor plan, house layout, heat loss of home, and geographical location.

Attachments

• fp30_thumb2.jpg
    fp30_thumb2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • fp30_thumb1.jpg
    fp30_thumb1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,535
  • FP30_room_LR.jpg
    FP30_room_LR.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,248
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: raybonz
It has been around for a good while but I haven't seen anybody here mention having one.

The firebox is the exact same thing as the Summit series. And yes it is a bad boy! It outweighs other built in fireplaces by hundreds of pounds. I burn a Pacific Energy Summit at home and stand back and admire it often.
I own a fireplace shop and I would not hesitate for a second building a FP30 behind a wall.

Anyone running this unit yet? Strongly considering it.

I think it came out around the same time Pallet-Pete started the thread. A quick search here did not come up with any real world experiences. Maybe you can find reviews somewhere else. As SFH said, the firebox is the same as the Summit. So as rough approximation of its burning characteristics you could maybe look at some reviews of the PE Summit insert. That should come closest to the FP30.

Reactions: eric-holmes
Grisu, let us know what you decide. I'm strongly considering the fp30 as well.

ADV, you need to follow eric-holmes for potential updates of the FP30. I have a PE Super insert sitting in a masonry fireplace. FWIW, I love it as do many people here their Summit insert.

I have sold and installed several. I sell other makes and this is by far the best built zero clearance units out there. My customers love them. To put it in perspective they weigh nearly twice other competitor's comparable models!

Matt

Thanks MAtt. Would you suggest the rectangular one or the arched? Have some concerns with the rectangular one and being able to blow enough air out. Any issues with that model? Arch has the louvers...
Also, it comes with one gravity kit correct? Or do you need to install both gravity ducts? Can you mount them just above the fireplace between the fireplace and the mantle>

thats the only place to get pricing. I have to call around

Decided on this model, unless today I see something during my travels, but I haven't been able to find any real feedback on how well this things heats their house...

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many variables with an install that you may never get a realistic sense until there are dozens of installations to compare with. That said, set up correctly the FP30 should be an impressive heater. The firebox is time proven and a nice design. If the location and house layout allow you to properly duct some of the heat output it should do the job well.

I'm revamping this thread as its been a good 12 months since it last ran.

Have any of you great Hearth members purchased the Pacific Energy FP30 zero clearance fireplace? It certainly looks like a great contender to other ZC units. Any real experience would be super helpful to those of us in the market for a ZC fireplace.

Thanks in advance for your experiences - it really helps a lot!

Matt

I am looking at that unit. All I can say is my local dealer wants shy of $7000. That is for the fireplace, 27 feet of duravent pipe, installation, and a stainless steel chimney flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.