The price of Fuel oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
Turbo-Quad said:
I don't mean to start a political flame but I find it awfully ironic that a day after the republicans gain a strangle hold on the house, the fuel prices soared.

You have it all wrong, they don't control the house until January of next year.

My point was that the oil companies are already flexing their muscle in anticipation. Just an observation and an opinion, nothing more.

cms said:
1.699 gal for propane here.
3 weeks ago

I haven't received a propane delivery since February. I could only hope its that low when I get it. I suspect however, it will be at least $1.00/gal. than your area.

Turbo-Quad said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Turbo-Quad said:
I don't mean to start a political flame but I find it awfully ironic that a day after the republicans gain a strangle hold on the house, the fuel prices soared.

You have it all wrong, they don't control the house until January of next year.

My point was that the oil companies are already flexing their muscle in anticipation. Just an observation and an opinion, nothing more.

You should also note that the oil companies can flex their muscle anytime they wish. There is damn little that the liars in congress can do to prevent it.

Northeaster2010 said:
Here is a New England Oil Price site for current rates: I'd rather buy extra pellets then buy oil!!!

http://www.newenglandoil.com/

Same place I use, Fast Fill Oil is always cheaper than anyone else in my area :)

100 gallon of oil delivered today for $2.70/ gallon.. that should get me through the winter.. now all i need is 2 more tons of pellets and we should be set

imacman said:
300 Gal of HHO filled my tank on 8/11/2010 @ $2.32 Gal.

All of you who waited for the colder weather to get their oil just played into the oil companies hands.....they ALWAYS raise the price as soon as colder weather starts in the NE.

CODOIL.com is the cheapest one near me, and even they are asking $2.79/gal for 300 or more Gal.

So, lemme see.......47 cents times 300 gal = $140 saved by buying during the slow season.

Best time to fill up is May/June because heating oil is nothing but diesel so the Summer driving (another lie) will push it up. The very first frost will do it, and then its up, up up untill January when the futures market resets.

btuser said:
Best time to fill up is May/June because heating oil is nothing but diesel so the Summer driving (another lie) will push it up. The very first frost will do it, and then its up, up up untill January when the futures market resets.

Around here, diesel doesn't usually start going up until mid August or so. (I drive a diesel car, so I notice). The price is usually fairly stable most of the summer.

TboneMan said:
cms said:
1.699 gal for propane here.
3 weeks ago

I haven't received a propane delivery since February. I could only hope its that low when I get it. I suspect however, it will be at least $1.00/gal. than your area.

Propane delivered last week 105 gallons @3.29

Status
Not open for further replies.