Thelin Gnome

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 16, 2018
Colorado
Has anyone ever replaced the circuit board and wiring harness in an older Thelin Gnome? My is a 2002 and the auger motor doesn't work. I bought it used in 2011. The auger was replaced last year and worked fine but not now. I'm thinking it's the electronics for a lot of reasons. Mainly, it's the 3rd auger motor replaced. I checked the connections to the motor and the wiring and it looks fine. It's just annoying that the auger isn't working.

Thanks for any info.

the Tim Taylor in me would find the auger motor connections and cut the end off of and old extension cord and wire it to the motor to see if it work . Check to make sure it is a 120v motor before doing this. I wanted a Thelin when I bought mine but it was more than I had to spend, but it had a 12V battery in it for back up. I guess the wiser move would be to hook you DVM to the wires and turn on the stove to check power to the auger.
Oh and who am I kidding, I wouldn't have to cut the end off an old extension cord, I already have a couple in my tool box.

I know, it certainly is strange! I have the manual and it’s no help but thanks for posting it. I did what you suggest on the last auger motor that stopped working last year! It ran that way but not in the stove. Replaced it, worked fine last winter and now caput again. I replaced the T1 and T2 sensors and that didn’t help. Connections to the motor and circuit board look ok. That’s why I’m suspecting the circuit board. It’s not the original board, it was replaced in 2012. I think. Thelin diesn’t make this model cb so I can’t replace to know if I’m right.

Gunny thing. I bought a backup auger motor last year and surprise! It doesn’t fit my stove! Maybe I can convince Thelin to swap it. Haha! Should have checked it when I got it.

Thanks and appreciate any other suggestions.