Thelin Parlour Test

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mtnxtreme

Jan 22, 2007
Just picked up a Thelin Parlour and would like to run it for a few hours outside to make sure it has no issue's. Can I just fire it up or do I need a minimum length of pipe and a termination cap to test run it for a few hours ?

Just picked up a Thelin Parlour and would like to run it for a few hours outside to make sure it has no issue's. Can I just fire it up or do I need a minimum length of pipe and a termination cap to test run it for a few hours ?

I also bought a used Thelin Parlour. When I tested mine I just set it in the driveway, plugged it in and fired it up. No pipe attached. It didn't have any issues and worked great running like that. Just be careful where the exhaust is pointed, you will get a few hot embers "fire flies" kicking out of it. Just make sure no combustibles in it's path. Good luck I hope it runs great for you!

I also bought a used Thelin Parlour. When I tested mine I just set it in the driveway, plugged it in and fired it up. No pipe attached. It didn't have any issues and worked great running like that. Just be careful where the exhaust is pointed, you will get a few hot embers "fire flies" kicking out of it. Just make sure no combustibles in it's path. Good luck I hope it runs great for you!

Sounds good, how long did you run it ? The previous owner noted that it shut down after an hour, so wanted to see what it does running a few hours.

Sounds good, how long did you run it ? The previous owner noted that it shut down after an hour, so wanted to see what it does running a few hours.

I ran it like that for well over an hour. I installed it at our camp and wanted to shake out any possible issues before taking it there.

Reactions: mtnxtreme