Thermostat 55-SHP22L

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taqui10

Sep 25, 2008
Hazleton, PA
I Would LIke to know what thermostat should I get for my Summers Heat 55-SHP22L.
Also if I will have any problems with it right now I am using 1.25 bags in a day at the lowest setting about how much will I save?
Is it worth it?
Thanx

I use a Rite-Temp model 6022 I bought at HD for $29. The stove is set to go into its lowest setting when heat isn't being called for, so I would think that this feature will save you fuel in the long run. Last year I kept my feed rate at 3 and went through about 3.5 tons for the winter, so hopefully I can cut that back some. In order to modify your settings to burn 1 bag/day you should call Englander support. They helped me get my settings so my stove burned more efficiently on low settings.

Good luck

I posted this unit in another thread, but could help here too. I bought this for my Astoria stove, and it’s fairly inexpensive ($20-22 online), and easy to hook-up and program. Also has a lighted display.

Lux PSP511LA

Attachments

• Lux PSP511LA.jpg
    Lux PSP511LA.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 442
rap69ri said:
I use a Rite-Temp model 6022 I bought at HD for $29. The stove is set to go into its lowest setting when heat isn't being called for, so I would think that this feature will save you fuel in the long run. Last year I kept my feed rate at 3 and went through about 3.5 tons for the winter, so hopefully I can cut that back some. In order to modify your settings to burn 1 bag/day you should call Englander support. They helped me get my settings so my stove burned more efficiently on low settings.

Good luck

Do you have the same stove and how did you install the thermostat?

Thankxxx

I have the 1500 sq ft model stove from Englander, so it's not the same stove but is similar. I installed the thermostat by following the manual. I removed the jumper, connected the red and white wires to the connector on the board, and connected the other end of the red and white wires to the thermostat. I then programmed the thermostat to the settings I preferred, and haven't touched it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.