Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bmrichardson81

Jan 19, 2017
Columbia, TN
I just bought a house with a wood doctor. I have a pump running water to an air to water heat exchanger in the plenum of my lp furnace and a side arm hx on my water heater. When burning wood I turn the lp off to my furnace. My thermostat only works if I set the fan to "on". I would like to have it set to a set temp (ie 78) and run on "auto" so that we don't have to turn the fan on and off manually throughout the day. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes, you should not have to manually turn the thermostat on and off. It can be wired to come on and off with a second thermostat. It's not terribly difficult to do. A second thermostat could either signal the G wire or terminal (if it's set up for AC) or you could relay the 120v. fan wire.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited: