Thermostat verification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jedi

Nov 9, 2022
Maryland
It is my understanding that the BK thermostats self regulate. So that means that with a hot fire and fan on high, if I turn the fan off the lower heat demand would cause the thermostat flap to close a little.
If I have a low/slow fire with fan off, if I turn on the fan the higher heat demand would cause the thermostat flap to open fore more air and more heat.
Is my understanding of how the thermostat sbould work correct ? If it is, I don't see my A25 thermostat flap moving in neither of these 2 examples.
Is there another way to test the mechanism to verify it is working properly?

IMG_20230316_073303259.jpg

It is my understanding that the BK thermostats self regulate. So that means that with a hot fire and fan on high, if I turn the fan off the lower heat demand would cause the thermostat flap to close a little.
If I have a low/slow fire with fan off, if I turn on the fan the higher heat demand would cause the thermostat flap to open fore more air and more heat.
Is my understanding of how the thermostat sbould work correct ? If it is, I don't see my A25 thermostat flap moving in neither of these 2 examples.
Is there another way to test the mechanism to verify it is working properly?

View attachment 311055
Your understanding of the thermostat concept is correct. That’s how it’s supposed to work.