Think we found a winner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
After trying a few brands, 4 or 5 bags at a time, we are now on our second bag of American Wood Fiber pellets. $197 a ton at Lowes, and I'll use my card and get another 5% off. They seem to burn pretty well in our stove. 1 thing I noticed, the pallets of them at Lowes seemed to be stacked higher than others. Probably have to take the pallet apart when we load.

Nothing like finding a good pellet for a good price! I hit my jack pot back in late October.

Our Home Depot has same pellets at same price. I have been burning them with good results. The only downside is that the pallets are only single wrapped and are stored outside in the weather. But on balance I like them and will continue to drag bags home whenever I pass by HD.

I took a real chance and bought 4 tons of AWF from woodpellets.com back in April when I had my stove installed for $209 per ton. I have since bought 5 or 10 bags at a time of other pellets at local stores such as Hamers, Barefoots, Natures Own, Fireside Ultras and Green Supreme. Bottom line is I have yet to burn any of the original 4 tons of AWF's so I am very happy you find that they burn well.

I am new to the pellet stoves but I burned AWF I had two tons delivered but also picked up a few different brands from Lowes and HD. HD had Presto Pellets they burned very well no clunkers and a nice flame just left fine ash totally burned, The other brand from lowes seemed to burn similiar. The AWF don't seem to burn as well the flame is not as high and I've had quite a few clunkers plus not totally burned pellets. Again I am just starting but this is what I have noticed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.