Thinking about doing this at my house...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Green would approve.

woodheat.gif
thheehee.gif
drecul.gif

This looks like something one would see in Maine! ;) :)

Which of the two does he actually live in? Rick

SlyFerret said:
I must say... this install is bordering on "Legendary".

-SF

I think I'd call it more of an "outstall". Rick

Actually, the ladder is holding up the conveyor belt as the wood processing machinery is in the house....or, should I say "dwelling of some sort"

karl said:
That's one hell of a pellet stove.

pellet stove? i thought it was one of those new outdoor wood boilers i hear everybody raving about!

that is to funny. your right jake,looks like something you might find in maine...people have done stranger things

mike

Maybe it's a VAN sized pellet stove! When you scale it up, you can use regular splits as pellets!

-SF

Something tells me that's not a permit job. Would you consider that a portable heater or a free-standing stove? ;-P

It has a hitch so he must pull a trailer for hauling wood in the off season. It looks to be quite versatile.

Woodford said:
I think it's very likely that he owns a sawzall.

And knows how to use it. :lol:

I wonder if he has full coverage on the van.

j00fek said:
come to maine, youll see stuff like this every where :)

With the econ like it is, we may be seeing more of this everywhere.

the best thing by far here is the people that put HUGE additions on to their mobile homes, you will see a nice part then right smack dab in the middle there is a 1976 green trailor
rofl

not mine...its white vinyl. when you come into my yard, all you see is mobile home, when you come inside ,its like WHOA!my addition is on the backside.not a 100,000 dollar house , but i am happy,warm and dry.16x40 addition...12x60 mobile home circa 196?( its mine and ALL paid for).

mike

I see you were taking pictures of my neighbour's house. Next time stop in so we can chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.