Thinking of buying used Intrepid II - condition?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dan21m

Nov 25, 2016
Connecticut
Pics below of the stove I'm considering buying. This is to replace a totally rusted out (chimney leaked) Intrepid II that's already installed, so figured it'd be easiest to just replace with the same model.

nb6p4F5.jpg gWCqg6i.jpg

So what am I looking here in terms of condition? Look like it'll require a bunch of money to get into good operating condition or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
In general, Intrepid 2's are a pain in the neck. Interior parts are expensive, wer out, and can be a challence to replace. The older Intrepids are just a lot simpler and more reliable. If there has been water down the chimney, did it also get to the stove? If it's rusted inside the stove then LEAVE IT ALONE!